Friday, July 11, 2008

What's my #?

The world is a much more complicated place than it used to be. There are passwords and PINs for everything. I can never keep them straight. Any time I go to the ATM I always have to call hubby for the PIN. HE NEVER EVEN USES THE BANK ACOUNT! I somehow manage to pay all our bills, but I can’t remember how to take $20 from the ATM. I had a very traumatic experience where the ATM actually had enough of me and took my card away :( The problem with the ATM is that I do actually know my “secret number” but the ATM 10-key pad is different from the 10-key pad on a computer. I don’t really know the PIN I just know the pattern that it makes, hence not being able to access my money.

Same with email or any online accounts – I can’t ever remember which username goes with which password. I guess it would be simpler to keep everything the same, but that doesn’t seem very secure – which is the purpose for the username & password to begin with.

No comments:

Books read in 2009

  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 6 (Clear as the Moon)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 5 (From the End of Heaven)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 4 (Fury and Light)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 3 (The Second Sun)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 2 (Where Angels Fall)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 1 (The Brothers)
  • A Free Life by Ha Jin
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Favorite Thoughts

"Our values develop our character & our character creates our destiny. When we're out of touch with our values, we are blown like autumn leaves, caught up in mindless routines...but when we affirm our guiding values, our lives are inspired by our deepest beliefs." ~Diane Dreher, Ph.D. Your Personal Renaissance

"Nothing is a waste of time." ~Rodin

"To know life is to love many things." ~Vincent Van Gogh

"...when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure. One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has all been suffering..." A. Elliot in Persuasion by J. Austen