Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lack of consistency

Alright, so I haven't been good at maintaining the blog. It's not surprising though, I start something new and then after a while in wanes until it fails to exist any more.

Kind of like going to the gym: New Years' Eve (any year) "This will be the year I will go to work out regularly." Week 1: Go every day. Week 2: Go every day. Week 3: Stuff comes up go 4 out of 5 days. Week 4: Go 3 out of 5 cause it is easier. Week 5: Stop. Wait til swim suit season comes. Repeat cycle. Welcome to Hallow-giving-mas - "The new year is coming. I didn't do well with my "resolution" better get started. Get to busy and decide to start again Jan. 1.

So predictable and yet I feel very confident that I am not alone in this issue, whether it be blogging, going to the gym, staying connected with friends, cleaning my house/yard whatever it may be. Why is it so tough to do everything all time?

So, once again, I promise to try harder to be a better "blogger."

1 comment:

Dozzer said...

You should always blog

Books read in 2009

  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 6 (Clear as the Moon)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 5 (From the End of Heaven)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 4 (Fury and Light)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 3 (The Second Sun)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 2 (Where Angels Fall)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 1 (The Brothers)
  • A Free Life by Ha Jin
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Favorite Thoughts

"Our values develop our character & our character creates our destiny. When we're out of touch with our values, we are blown like autumn leaves, caught up in mindless routines...but when we affirm our guiding values, our lives are inspired by our deepest beliefs." ~Diane Dreher, Ph.D. Your Personal Renaissance

"Nothing is a waste of time." ~Rodin

"To know life is to love many things." ~Vincent Van Gogh

"...when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure. One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has all been suffering..." A. Elliot in Persuasion by J. Austen