It has been getting darker earlier and staying dark longer. It makes me tired. I've always pretty much required a full 8 hours of sleep or I get a "little" ornery. (Note: "little" is a subjective term.)The other morning (if you can call 3:50AM morning) when Toad left for work he went to give me the standard kiss goodbye. Toad is fully aware that there are only two outcomes when he goes in for the kill. I will either 1) be completely comotose or 2) be slightly conscious and try to kill him. Fists flying, screaming threats of bloody murder. I don't really remember doing these things, but part of me is aware of what is going on. When I am awake I think I am a pretty pleasant person, most of the time.
This morning (the real morning - 6:00AM) I woke to find myself entering a whole new level of insanity. I wasn't awaken to the song on my alarm, but my own voice. I was literally having an argument with myself. Self 1: "Get up" Self 2: "NO!" Self 1: GET UP! Self 2: Grrr.
I think of myself as a pretty "normal" person, but it just may be possible that I am reaching a new level of insanity. The subconscious is a very interesting thing. When I was younger I thought that it was one's true self. Now, I hope not. My subconscious seems to be very violent and lazy.
This disturbing situation did encourage me enough to eventually get up out of bed. But I didn't make the bed - does that mean the subconscious is winning?!
1 comment:
You are totally sane. You may just require a vacation somewhere sunny and sandy....Costa Rica? ;-)
I bought that product you mentioned on your previous entry. It WORKS, man. ;-)
Post a Comment