Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome 2009!


Happy New Year! Is it bad that I am glad to see 2008 go? The year itself seemed pretty short, but nothing exciting went on. We went to work and did little else.

Oh well, it's a new year and I have such big plans.... We'll see what happens. I am supposed to be taking down the Christmas decorations down. It's 3 in the afternoon and I am not even dressed yet. I'm glad my new year's resolution wasn't to be more productive. However, we are finally getting around to painting the living room. I have moved all of the furniture out and taken out every nail, screw, etc. etc. from the walls. What a project we have coming!

Also, we're all set for our vacation - we've only been planning it for half a year. Christmas eve we found out that our initial plans were not going to happen so after some scavenging around we are finally set! It will nice to be somewhere warm. I haven't liked the winter too much. Too much cold.

1 comment:

tequila said...

What are your plans? Where are you going on vacation?

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

Books read in 2009

  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 6 (Clear as the Moon)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 5 (From the End of Heaven)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 4 (Fury and Light)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 3 (The Second Sun)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 2 (Where Angels Fall)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 1 (The Brothers)
  • A Free Life by Ha Jin
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Favorite Thoughts

"Our values develop our character & our character creates our destiny. When we're out of touch with our values, we are blown like autumn leaves, caught up in mindless routines...but when we affirm our guiding values, our lives are inspired by our deepest beliefs." ~Diane Dreher, Ph.D. Your Personal Renaissance

"Nothing is a waste of time." ~Rodin

"To know life is to love many things." ~Vincent Van Gogh

"...when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure. One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has all been suffering..." A. Elliot in Persuasion by J. Austen