
We set sail on the Carnival Miracle on Jan 16th from Ft. Lauderdale. The news in Florida continually referred to the "cold spell" they were experiencing. 60 degree weather is so tough. We were glad to be away from the 20 degree stuff we had at home.
We spent the next day at sea and then were busy hitting 4 ports in 4 days: Mexico, Honduras, Belize, and back to Mexico.
We went to Cozumel, Mexico - which is an island by the way - I did not know that. I'm not really geographically aware.

We hit Roatan, Honduras. We were only there for a couple of hours, but I would love to spend more time there. We went to a Dolphin Reserve Park where we met Anthony the dolphin and his family. It was fun to play with him.
After 2 days of "play" we hit more historical sites in Belize and Costa Maya Mexico. We went toBelize City, Belize where we saw the Altun Ha Mayan ruins and and went on a tour of a large river (the river Wallace) where we saw iguana, crocodiles, bats, monkeys, and scenery. It was very similar to the river tour I went on in Costa Rica, but the river seemed less dirty in Costa Rica - I think it's because I love that place so- much.
Costa Maya made me realize how fragile life is. The port has recently opened (I think we were one of the first boats to come back) after Hurricane Dean hit it a few years ago. It's amazing how a 5-10 minute storm can do so much long term damage. The trees are still badly broken and all over the place and there is very little around other than the port - which is a major source of income for the people there.
So after running around we had 2 days to relax on the boat, or as Carnival says have a "fun day at sea". We pretty much just stayed on the deck or were in the gym. We only ate 3 meals a day and weren't at the buffet every 30 minutes like a lot of people we saw. We did have our midnight hot chocolate while playing several intense games of Uno. Yeah, we really know how to party.... :) We had fun though. Our 3rd or 4th day out Toad asked me when I wanted to vacation again. I nearly fell out of my chair - I think I may have started something! I KNEW he'd like vacation.
3 comments:
What a wonderful vacation. I must say I am totally jealous of it! I dream of going on a cruise and am hoping one day to get my turn! It all looks so beautiful. Happy Anniversary!
That looks so nice and warm. I am glad you finally got a vacation!
I am so jealous! We went on a cruise a few years ago, and went to Cozumel, too! It is georgous! Thanks for sharing your photos. It made me realize I need another cruise!
Post a Comment