Monday, June 15, 2009

Cold v. flu

Just as the weekend was starting, hubby said that he was congested. He also had a headache, but that is not uncommon given that he gets a headache anytime there is a shift in barometer pressure. All of the rain we have had the last few weeks just adds to that pressure.

Sunday morning I had the pleasure of waking up with a congested head. As the day progressed it just became worse and worse. I went to bed at 9:30 after taking 2 or 3 naps during the day.

Monday I have aching hips and joints and tunnel vision. I want to put a bullet through my head just to relieve the pressure and to see if I can breathe again. I Googled the difference between a cold and the flu. I am certain I do not have H1N1 (swine flu). I am fairly confident that I just have a cold and that by next week I should be myself again. I sure hope this week goes by fast!

I did learn some nasty facts about the flu vs. the cold that I will not share. Basically, unfortunately, this will not kill me – even though I wish it would. I would be much happier.

While I believe my husband passed this lovely cold on to me I do not believe he is suffering nearly as much as I. I wonder if I can give it back?

1 comment:

Dozzer said...

You don't have the swine flu you have the Toad Flu that you picked up because you insist on kissing a Toad. Killing yourself would cause more problems and make my life more difficult so knock it off. It is just the flu you could be in a 3rd world country with real problems instead you have a job, a house, and an amazing husband. Your lucky.

Books read in 2009

  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 6 (Clear as the Moon)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 5 (From the End of Heaven)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 4 (Fury and Light)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 3 (The Second Sun)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 2 (Where Angels Fall)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 1 (The Brothers)
  • A Free Life by Ha Jin
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Favorite Thoughts

"Our values develop our character & our character creates our destiny. When we're out of touch with our values, we are blown like autumn leaves, caught up in mindless routines...but when we affirm our guiding values, our lives are inspired by our deepest beliefs." ~Diane Dreher, Ph.D. Your Personal Renaissance

"Nothing is a waste of time." ~Rodin

"To know life is to love many things." ~Vincent Van Gogh

"...when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure. One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has all been suffering..." A. Elliot in Persuasion by J. Austen