I never thought that motherhood would be easy; however, I have no idea how to live my life. I knew that things would be different and compromises would need to be made. Today my new world is 2 weeks old. It seems so short and yet seems like forever.
Baby Toad made his way into the world on his own. I didn't need to be induced after all, which made me very happy. I ended up going into labor around 12:30 am or so. At 2:00 I realized my contractions were about 2 minutes apart, so I called my doctor. I was supposed to call the hospital at 6:00 to confirm the induction, I thought I could hold out just a few more hours, but alas no. My doctor told me to go to the hospital. I got Toad out of bed and off we went. We got to the hospital at 2:30 and my water broke right away. There was no time for an epidural or anything - but again, that's okay because I hadn't planned on one anyway. I had packed a bag full of things for the labor that never got used. Baby Toad made his way into the world at 5:03am.
We spent about 2 days in the hospital. Hospitals are not fun - even for such a fun occasion. However, ironically as we were preparing to leave, Toad went to get the truck and I sat in the wheelchair with my child in his car seat on my lap feeling completely alone. It was a scary feeling for a minute.
I knew babies sleep and eat a lot, but my baby really sleeps and eats (or tries) a lot. After 1 week Baby Toad ended up back at the hospital for slight dehydration. I am paranoid about feeding him too little and feeding him too much.
Since coming home from the hospital (the second time) Baby Toad seems to be doing better. He is awake for brief periods of time. It will be fun to see his personality develop. He is so cute and there are moments that are truly precious. There are others that are incredibly frustrating and overwhelming. One day I'll get this mom stuff down.
15 years ago
1 comment:
You are going to do an awesome job. Babies are hard but they are so fun to cuddle and then they will be so fun to watch grow and play with. Trust your gut instincts and pray. A lot. LOVE YA!
Post a Comment