Monday, February 1, 2010

Love list

Lately I have felt that life is very mundane.  I do the same thing every day that it is easy to forget all the many little things that I am grateful for.  I'm stealing someone else's post to see if this will help me feel better about where I am in life:

10 Things I'm thankful for:

1. My husband:  We've been married 7 years ago today.  I've loved every single moment and am looking to so many more.

2.  To not be hurt by a bad economy:  With so many people struggling with their homes, loss of jobs, unable to feed their families, I feel almost guilty that I am glad the economy allows my husband to keep his job, but still come home early enough to spend more time with me.

3.  To have a job:  Not only a job, but a career where I feel like I can make a difference in the world.  Not very many people can say that.

4.  Health:  This past year my husband and I have worked hard to improve our health and fitness.  I am thrilled that we have seen physical benefits, but I am more have a good understanding on how to remain healthy and be so clear into old age.

5.  Family:  I'm admittedly a bad daughter, granddaughter, sister, and aunt, but I love my family and my husband's family even though I don't show it.  It is good to have a support system.

6.  Technology:  How cool is Google?  If you have a random question about soil samples, bam, you can find it in a matter of seconds.  It's enough to make me want to try to garden.

7.  Farmers:  I'm so glad I don't have to grow my own food.  I'm afraid I would die.

8.  A good massage:  There's nothing like a spa day - whether it be a massage, facial, pedicure, etc to bring energy back into the tired body.

9.  Water:  I like waterfalls, drinking water, looking at the ocean, the sound of rain.  Water is a very invigorating life source.

10.  Lastly, but hardly least:  My testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the plan of salvation.  I can't imagine living without knowing the purpose to life and that there is so much more than what I currently am experiencing.

No comments:

Books read in 2009

  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 6 (Clear as the Moon)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 5 (From the End of Heaven)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 4 (Fury and Light)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 3 (The Second Sun)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 2 (Where Angels Fall)
  • The Great and Terrible, Vol 1 (The Brothers)
  • A Free Life by Ha Jin
  • The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Favorite Thoughts

"Our values develop our character & our character creates our destiny. When we're out of touch with our values, we are blown like autumn leaves, caught up in mindless routines...but when we affirm our guiding values, our lives are inspired by our deepest beliefs." ~Diane Dreher, Ph.D. Your Personal Renaissance

"Nothing is a waste of time." ~Rodin

"To know life is to love many things." ~Vincent Van Gogh

"...when pain is over, the remembrance of it often becomes a pleasure. One does not love a place the less for having suffered in it, unless it has all been suffering..." A. Elliot in Persuasion by J. Austen