"At times men are perplexed and full of trouble..." I don't remember who said that quote, but it is true. I think it is fascinating to watch people -- at any time, but particularly during times of confusion or in a state of minor emergency. Watching a little child process something they are seeing for the first time is amazing. Observing the individual complaining about circumstances that could have been avoided if they had considered the consequences rather than living on impulse. Life is experienced through "living", but I think a lot of life can be learned through viewing too.
When life throws hard things at you, how do you cope with them? When life is "easy" are you grateful? While my life isn't quite as I imagined it to be I wouldn't change much about it at all. I have learned a lot watching the experiences of others. Some things I have tried or would love to try to implement things in my life. Other things have made me more aware of behaviors that would be best avoided, not only for my own personal happiness, but to make the lives of those whom I affect easier.
I am grateful to all those people who have been example of positive and the polar opposite examples to me. I wonder who I would be without experience that I have enjoyed and observed.
15 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment